The Rowing Canada Aviron COACH OF THE YEAR Award will be presented annually at the National Awards Dinner to a Club/University coach of para or able bodied rowers who has produced outstanding crews or individual athletes in competitive activities at the provincial and national level in the immediate past season/year; and
- demonstrates a personal commitment to coaching excellence;
- demonstrates commitment to fair play, good sportsmanship and respect for officials;
- promotes the development of athletes' abilities both on and off the water;
- has been continuously involved in RCA's national coaching education program; and
- has the respect of his or her athletes and, peers.